Conditions of participation urbEXPO 9, Bochum
The following conditions are valid for your application for urbEXPO 9.
- Applicants have to be 18 years old or older.
- The urbEXPO 9 will show only serial work.
- The following documents have to be submitted: CV, two to four photo series; each with 5 to 15 individual motifs. Related to Lost Places and Aesthetics of Decay as well as a description of each submitted series, image data of the submitted series (at least 1000 Px, maximum 2000 Px longer side). In addition, the real image dimensions, the individual images and the type of presentation (canvas print, framing, alubibond, etc.). Please use the following form for vita and your series.
- Incomplete applications will be discarded.
- Upon expiry of the application deadline on February 16, 2020, the board of trustees will select the participating artists and communicate the decision until March 8, 2020 at the latest. The decision of the board of trustees is incontestable.
- By applying, the artist agrees to participate in the urbEXPO 9, if he is accepted. Artists accepted to participate in the urbEXPO 9, will pay a participation fee of 80 Euro. The fee includes one free copy of the exhibition catalogue for urbEXPO 9 for each artist. Artists may buy further copies at their own expense. The bank details will be communicated to the artist along with the confirmation of participation.
- The organizers will not pay any exhibition fees, travel expenses or transportation costs. Upon the participating artist’s request, the organizers will issue a confirmation of participation. With this document, artists can apply for subsidies with public institutions or other organizations upon their own initiative and at their own expense.
- The organizer will not contract any insurance to protect the works of art during the urbEXPO. During side events, the organizers may use a security service at their own discretion.
- With the submission of the application, the artist accepts the exhibition contract (sample). All the artists admitted to urbEXPO 9 have to fill in, sign and return the contract by post until March 15, 2020 at the latest.
- All the artists admitted have free entrance to the urbEXPO 9 exhibition.
These conditions for participation are valid for all artists who apply to participate, or who are called to participate in urbEXPO 9. The application is possible online between November 28, 2019 and February 16, 2020.