Conditions of participation urbEXPO 2016, Bochum
The following conditions are valid for your application for urbEXPO. An application for urbEXPO RETROSPEKTIVA is not possible. The participiants of RETROSPEKTIVA will invited.
- Applicants have to be 18 years old or older.
- The following documents have to be submitted: a CV, a project description with reference to topics like „Lost Places“ and „the Aesthetics of Decay“ as well as image files (min. 1000 px, max. 2000px long side). Furthermore, the actual image dimensions of the sample and the kind of presentation (print on canvas, Aludibond etc) shall be stated. 7 to 14 work samples should be submitted for the application.
- Incomplete applications will be discarded.
- Upon expiry of the application deadline on March 20, 2016, the board of trustees will select the participating artists and communicate the decision until April 1, 2016 at the latest. The decision of the board of trustees is incontestable.
- By applying, the artist agrees to participate in the urbEXPO 2016, if he is accepted. Artists accepted to participate in the urbEXPO 2016, will pay a participation fee of 65 Euro. The fee includes one free copy of the exhibition catalogue for urbEXPO 2016 for each artist. Artists may buy further copies at their own expense. The bank details will be communicated to the artist along with the confirmation of participation.
- The organizers will not pay any exhibition fees, travel expenses or transportation costs. Upon the participating artist’s request, the organizers will issue a confirmation of participation. With this document, artists can apply for subsidies with public institutions or other organizations upon their own initiative and at their own expense.
- The organizer will not contract any insurance to protect the works of art during the urbEXPO. During side events, the organizers may use a security service at their own discretion.
- With the submission of the application, the artist accepts the exhibition contract. All the artists admitted to urbEXPO 2016 have to fill in, sign and return the contract by post until April 22, 2016 at the latest.
- All the artists admitted have free entrance to the urbEXPO 2016 exhibition.
These conditions for participation are valid for all artists who apply to participate, or who are called to participate in urbEXPO 2016. The application is possible online until March 20, 2016.